Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Martagon Seeds


This is my first time to sow martagon seeds. Martagon seeds have delayed hypogeal germination. The first photo are of the seeds I have acquired from NALS Seed Exchange last year, the last packet is of an Oriental cross which is also delayed hypogeal germination. The second photo are of the seeds sown in zip baggies. Sown today, 02.02.11.

More info:Seed Germination.

The following photos are from the gardens of Tom Micheletti, the current President of the American Hosta Society. Enjoy.




5 comments:

p3chandan said...

Lovely blooms!

Alistair said...

The Martagon Lilies are beautiful, I guess they would take a long time to flower from seed, very satisfying though.

Lily said...

Alistair, it will take at least 5 years for these seeds to flower. I agree, it is very satisfying.

Unknown said...

I will be sowing some of these this year too! I will fill you in later as to how that goes. I love ordering lily seeds and waiting for them to bloom. It is completely worth the wait!

Lily said...

I will be waiting for your post. Thanks for the visit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...