Saturday, June 4, 2011

Mislabeled Peony

Two years ago I have added two varieties of peony in my garden. They are Bowl of Beauty and Duchess de Nemours. As newly planted bareroot peonies, they did not bloom in their first year. Today, my suppose to be Bowl of Beauty has bloomed. I was looking forward to seeing fluffy looking and creamy-centered flowers but here is what the blooms look like:




The flower measures about 3 to 4 inches across and it opens wide. I hope you can help me ID this peony, my dear readers. Have a nice weekend.

2 comments:

Sissy said...

Hi! It's my first time visiting your blog, but I would like to try to guess at the identity of your single peony. Could it be Sea Shell?? A widely available single peony, but yours looks like it is well watered and kept away from tattering winds! Lovely!

Lily said...

Thanks Sissy for the visit and for identifying my peony. I appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...