Friday, June 29, 2012

Lilies Grown From Seeds

I started these lilies from seeds two years ago. From mixed trumpet seeds crossed by Paul Carter of Texas and mixed tetra Asiatic seeds from Dr. Griesbach.

First seedling.
Sister seedling.
Both of the above sister seedlings have green back and creamy yellow inside. The first is kind of bland in shape but it has more bud count for its maiden bloom. The second has the grace and flair of a trumpet. The tips of the petals curls back.

A yellow one came out of the mix. It has nice shape and will wait a couple of years to see its potential.


The above two photos are Asiatic Griesbach seedlings. The first one is a nice pink with yellowish blush and the second has subtle peach coloration with dots on the inner petals.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh so the seeds flower in just two years? that's fast. I realized i have to click your link in my reader to see your posts, otherwise they just don't show up on my wall like other links.

Lily said...

Yes they do, Andrea. Some lily enthusiasts have them flower sooner than me because they really give them the TLC. Thanks for commenting all the time. I really appreciate it.

Lily said...

Yes they do, Andrea. Some lily enthusiasts have them flower sooner than me because they really give them the TLC. Thanks for commenting all the time. I really appreciate it.

Bom said...

WTG, Lily! One of my lilies took a little over two years as well I think.

BTW, I have two new blooms from the seeds you gave me. Will post pictures soon.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...